I'm super excited to announce the first edition of First Fridays...Outfit to Room series. I've teamed up with fellow blogger Yana from Nomad Luxuries for a fun little project that we're planning to do the First Friday of every month. Basically we're planning on finding inspiration from fashion and styling a room based on the outfit. Fashion and Interior trends are so highly influenced by one another, so why not embrace it!
For our first edition, we're starting off with a summer/beach look. Below is my inspiration. I love the vibrant colors against the natural textures of the background.
And here is my mood board. Like the photo, I paired neutral textures with bold pops of color. I used the more permanent elements, like seating, tables and flooring as the neutral base and back drop. Then layered the accents on top with pillows, art, accessories.
I love the ease and cheeriness of this space. I'd be thrilled to have a room like this in my house someday!
- Shades of Light, Quatrefoil Cage Table Lamp
- Layla Grayce, Somerset Bay Lillie End Table
- West Elm, Crosby Sofa
- Lacefield Designs, Vintage Uzbek Linen Pillow
- West Elm, Dune Vases
- Zinc Door, Palm Beach Light Wood Taupe Boucle Chair
- Lacefield Designs, Sultana Pillow in Fig & Glass
- VN Printable Art, Botanical Sea Kelp
- Dash and Albert, Natural Jute Woven Rug
- West Elm, Carved Wood Coffee Table
**You can also take a peak at my Pinterest board to find these images and more.
Hope you liked the first edition of our Outfit to Room series! Be sure to check out Yana's blog to see her creation and stay tuned for next months edition. Maybe it'll be a Back to School theme or possibly a Labor Day Picnic scheme. We'll see where the mood takes us.